HONDA CIVIC TYPE R
The radical new Civic Type R Prototype, with its sleek and sporty new hatchback design and track-ready performance package, marks the arrival of the first-ever Honda-badged Type R in the U.S.
Believe the Hype.
- Honda’s iconic red “H” badge is steeped in racing heritage and exclusive to Type R models. Here, it sits prominently on the front grille just ahead of the new air intake on the hood.
- Carbon fiber side skirts sit between the red-accented 20-inch gloss black alloy wheels and low-profile, high-performance tires.
- A low, wide stance is enhanced by muscular body styling that aids aerodynamic performance.
- Smoked-housing LED headlights light the way set atop sculpted air intakes and a winged carbon fiber splitter with a sporty red accent line.
- Civic Type R-exclusive vortex generators at the rear edges of the roof help direct airflow toward the visually striking, fully-functional rear wing.
- The exterior is wrapped in a highly reflective, finely-grained brushed aluminum-effect finish unique to the Civic Type R Prototype.
Check out the videos below for a closer look: